Friday, August 3, 2012

Smile!



Hey Everyone!

Summer's been crazy and for some reason I've been having difficulty uploading pics onto blogspot.  So I finally decided to just write a post without pics.

If you hadn't notice smiles and laughter are a big theme here on my blog. For as depressing a person I feel like I am, I'm surprised people almost always describe me as joyful and passionate.  I even had a friend ask me last semester, "how are you always so happy?  I don't think I've ever seen you not smiling."  haha something I wish I could say is true.... but I definitely know I'm not.  Though I think we really do have a choice when it comes to being joyful.

Cause joy and happiness are two very different things, I may not be happy all the time, but I try to remain joyful and look at life optimistically. 

So I'm gonna share a few of my favorite quotes (there are a ton more on my pinterest). These are a select few I have chosen to really take to heart.

  • A smile can brighten the darkest day.
  • Between every rock and hard place a crack exists from which hope and opportunity can grow.  ~ Steve Baker
  • You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde  
  • When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it may be because they take better care of it there ~ Cecil Selig
  • The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd, those who walk alone are likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before. ~ A. Einstein
  • Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Better to be hated than be loved for what you're not. ~André Gide
  • Coincidences are just miracles in where God prefers to remain anonymous.

*  *  *  *  *  *

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in your life.


God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment