Monday, August 29, 2011

Hungry for Knowledge... and Chicken!

Alas, I finally cooked a complete meal!  I had been eating plenty of veggies, but it's a huge relief to know that I finally would be eating meat :)   I didn't realize how many calories your brain burns until I sat all day in really interesting classes and didn't have a full meal plan for the caf.  Part of the reason for my hunger though may have been that I forgot to defrost some meat to cook.    However I like what one of my FB friends put on my status about being hungry, stating "You're Hungry for Knowledge!"  

Believe it or not. I think she's right!  I remember last year trying to short-cut out of as much hw as possible, using sparknotes, just not reading assignments, or procrastinating (my worst enemy).  But this year something different happened.  I've so far read about 80 of literature without the slightest thought of using Spark Notes, and it clicked!  With my new comprehension skills (or so they seem new) I feel like I'm on top of the world and ready to nail the other 30 pages for tomorrow's classes!  And the more I read, the less work it seems to be. :)  

1 comment: