Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Vacation

Well, I gotta say I think this was my favorite Christmas in quite a while.  This year we got to spend a week in our friend's cabin in Arnold, California.   It was really nice.  Yeah, we didn't have cell phone reception or internet for an entire week, but it was super cozy and relaxing, plus we got to visit Calaveras Big Trees State Park and Lake Alpine.



I'd venture to say there is probably nothing more inspiring than a restful week in the mountains.  The fresh air, the smell of pine trees and a wood fire, the soft sunlight shining through the windows. <3333 It's all so soothing.   I was really happy that during this week I was able to write the lyrics to an entire song, now I just need to work on the music.  But what was even better was that it wasn't a love song!  I've been trying to write songs with better lyrics and it just seemed hard to write about things other than heartbreak or love.  My song started off being about a clock (I know random, but the music sounded like it was ticking) and then it ended being about time and life.  It's actually pretty deep.




Well anyways if you wanna see some more pics from our trip you should check out my other blog.


And I know it's a bit late, but Merry Christmas!!!
Have a good end of the year <3

With much love,
Nicole Alejandra

No comments:

Post a Comment