Monday, February 20, 2012

Metamorphosis

My dorm wall my first semester at college.

A fat caterpillar
Carefree and young
Trapped in a chrysalis of time
And change.

If I grow wings
I’ll have to fly.
But I do not wish to bloom like a flower
For petals wilt and I am afraid to die.

Nicole Adams - age 17. 
__________________________________________________________________________

I must say, I've had one of the most amazing college experiences.  
It hasn't always been an easy journey, but I don't think I'd trade any of my memories for someone else's. Through the tough times and the good ones I've changed, grown, and become a new person--myself. 

During these past four semesters I've probably gone through some of the hardest trials in my life, and unfortunately mommy couldn't always be there to hug and hold me.  I had to learn how to survive on my own.  But because of this I've become an even stronger person than before, learned what true friendships really are, and have matured in my relationship with Christ.

Fall 2010 - 16 yrs old
Spring 2011 - 17 yrs old
Fall 2011 - 18 yrs old

During this time I couldn't help but undergo a lot of changes, one of the most obvious being my hair. lol  But I also have lived in three completely different housing situations: dorms, on-campus apartments, and two hotel suites.   

Within 2 years, I've had six roommates and have lived with at least twenty-four girls!  CRAZY!!! 
And I've changed my major twice.... first from English to Music and then back to English lol

Growing up has been a difficult process.  Sometimes I don't even know who I am.  Who I am is definitely not who I thought I'd be... but it is most certainly better than I dreamed of.  And even through all the times I've wanted to give up, or just run away from hardships, when I've felt alone, I've been able to pull through, and the most amazing thing about it all is that I've never really been alone through anything.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9


May God's Blessings Be With You As You Venture Life As Well!

Love Always,

Nicole Alejandra

No comments:

Post a Comment