Friday, October 21, 2011

Shall We Dance?

So if you know me, you'll know there's nothing I love more than dancing, especially salsa dancing.  My mom taught my brothers and I how to salsa growing up, so it comes very naturally.  This is fine, but because of that I have to be extra careful.  I'm usually pretty good at letting guys know my boundaries and not letting them cross them, but sometimes I can accidentally give off the wrong impression.  Especially since salsa dancing is naturally a more seductive/spicy style of dance.

Anyways I went salsa dancing with a group of friends from school yesterday, which considering that we go to a Christian school should hopefully make the group a little safer than just random colleagues. But guys will be guys whether Christian or not.  "Self-control" is definitely one of the items I'm adding to the list of characteristics I want in my husband.  Dancing was fine and everything, but I think I need to be more careful when I salsa dance, because one of the guys from our group told me later that I was such a good dancer, he couldn't keep his eyes off me.  Which is kind of a compliment but not really the type of compliment I want to be receiving.  As much I (just like any other girl) love attention, it's not the type I want anyway.  I would much rather not be noticed by many guys for my body but be noticed by one guy for who I really am. When a guy says things like that it says a lot about the person.  It shows that he is someone physically driven and prolly not just by you, not a characteristic I want in a man. 

However this makes me wonder what I could do to be more careful and not seem like that type of girl.  I may have been dancing a little "spicy" but that's because it's salsa and to me it's just dancing. But when trying to present myself as a Woman of God I need to realize that sometimes some of the movements can attract the guy's eye I little too much.  I need to ask God to give me the strength to stand strong even when it's difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment