Sunday, March 18, 2012

Table Set For Two

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, 
He will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."  
(James 1:12)


There's nothing like spending a rainy day embraced in God's presence.  I may not see Him physically, but He's definitely there, speaking the exact words I need to hear, patiently waiting for me to just listen. 

At first I wasn't sure how exactly to spend a date with Jesus.  After several minutes of just staring at the index of my Bible I decided to read James.  It felt like every verse was written specifically for me. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of faith develops perseverance." (James 1:2-3)  Before I even knew it, I had finished the entire book.  It made enduring today so much easier.  Life didn't feel quite so empty.  Slowly but surely my heart beat a little stronger, a little more passionately, more joyously.  I even started songwriting about life with a genuine happiness.  As trite as it may seem I started writing about learning to dance in the rain.  

A few sneak peaks into my life.  [1]  Chocolate & Piano, my two best friends when I'm sad.  [2] My new songwriting notebook (a gift from my bestie Ashley), it's extra special cause it has regular paper on one side and staff paper on the other side, a cute cover.  [3] My songwriting corner: keyboard, Bible, iPod, all the wonders  [4] The amazing fire in the downstairs lobby [5] and the super comfy sofas there too :)

Rip open the skies,
Let the rains pour, 
Release the rainbow concealed in the storm. 
The waters can beat,
Till I’m on my knees 
But still I will learn how to dance in the storm, 

And I will dance in the rain...


No comments:

Post a Comment