Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Music Career

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..."  James 1:17

WOW! Is God good?  Recently I have been blessed so much.   I got a part-time job as a personal secretary for my friend's music ministry, on top of that I get to sing back-up vocals for my friend at a coffee shop tomorrow evening!  Awesome.  And last of all, I auditioned for a play our school is going to run this semester and got the lead role!!!   I just feel sooo blessed and thankful for all of this.  Though I may still be young and not very far into my schooling, God is already preparing my wings to fly into this career.   Praise be to Him! :)

"Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity"   1 Timothy 4:12

Continuing with what 1 Timothy says, yesterday for Valentines Day (aka Single's Awareness Day lol)  I decided to listen to God instead of society.   Most people treat this as a day to share their love and appreciation to their partner, and for single people to kind of hope for something better or feel bummed.  However during my Spiritual Formation Group, we all were told to take some time and pray, that's when I heard God tell me to take that day to go out of my way to love people.  Not just ones that are my friends or nice people, but those I envy, hold grudges against, or have been hurt by.  Must say doing so definately affected my look on life and towards others.   However you can do this anyday. ;)

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment